Thursday, December 08, 2005

Only in Texas....

Only in Texas would everything stop going because there is a 1/4 of an inch of ice on the overpasses. Yes, today was an ice day here. Normally, I would be jumping up and down and singing praises of hallalujah(sp?) but because I have two major papers due next week and I have not completed my library research yet....I'm not too joyful. And! Now I have to make up a full day of school on next Tuesday..thats 9:30am to 9:30pm and I was looking forward to that day to finish a paper that's due on Wednesday. I can still do it but it might require some late nights...damn it and my procrastination!

So, school closed at 2pm yesterday as I was in the library trying to find a book. The library is a very scary place after it closes....creepy! I had just found my book when the circulation desk closed making it impossible for me to check out my book...I thought about running with it but I thought I might get tackled by the big security guard....sigh...no book...no research...no paper...blah.

Well on another matter...Wedding update:

My mom is coming up next weekend to look at wedding sites with me. Very exciting...I have to come up with a list of places and make appointments to view the spaces. I hope we find one soon so that we can have all reserved before the end of the year...I hear after the January bridal shows don't even expect to find a place.

The date is so far is officially May 28th barring any unforseeable problems. The only issue is that my cousin graduates from high school that friday but I'm planning on having the Sunday (monday is Memorial Day). I think that should be fine... Another disadvantage to the date (minor but still important) is that I start summer school on the 1st of June which is the following Thursday. I can probably miss the first two days of school but I don't think that I can miss more than that. I know a week of honeymoon is enough but Jeff and I wanted to go very exotic and not on the same continent...which makes it difficult if we only have a week.

Oh something else that could be good is that I might already have a free wedding dress. My aunt was a wedding coordinator and someone who had two dresses and chose to wear the other gave her the unworn one (some people have too much money). She described the dress and it sounds like something I might like so I'm going to go look at it and try it on over Christmas in Dallas. It definitely will have to be altered (damn me being short)! So, fingers crossed and it will fit and I can use that money towards the open bar!!

Other than that not much else going on...just stressing over school!

And thanks to all the congratulations! Jeff and I really appreciate it...although I doubt anyone is going to say anything negative right?!?

No comments: