Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Still Waiting...

So still no word from UT. I was told to contact the professor in charge of the program since he refuses to give any information to the graduate coordinator. Yes my friends, a big pile of suckage! I leave on Friday to go to NYC. This might become my home for 2 years if I don't get any answer from UT. Arrrrggggghhhh!!!!

Anyway, Jeff and I went camping last weekend. It was a lot of fun if no slightly uncomfortable at night. Did you know that you have to reserve campsites at least a week in advance in order to get a site where you want? I found that out. I eventually reserved a site at Palmetto State Park outside of Gonzalez. Its supposed to be about an hour outside of Austin on 183 but....Jeff and I took the long way around and made it an 1 1/2 hr drive...ooops. The park was nice but very manicured and extremely family oriented with tons of playgrounds and paddle boats. It was nice but I usually prefer campsites in parks with trails that are longer than a mile and a quarter. Next time though!!! We ended up eating in Shiner on Saturday night. We thought we could visit the brewery and maybe sample some beer but it was closed. Instead we went to one of the only restaurants open... Werner's Steak and Seafood. From my understanding, they really don't get many strangers in the restaurant. I think we were the youngest of the clients but we were treated with great service. The food was really good and very reasonable too!! Don't worry we did the campfire food too!! S'mores were made and the next day Jeff grilled hamburgers and baked potatoes over the fire for lunch...it was muy bueno!!! The weather was kinda crappy on Sunday so we left by 1pm and headed back to Austin. Overall, a good weekend.

This week seems dragging but hopefully it'll pick up. I know its b/c I'm stressed about UT. OOOHHH and Jeff and I bought tickets to go to Vegas. We are staying at MGM in one of their fun new suites. It should be a blast.

I need to throw a party...Jeff bought a ton of alcohol yesterday and now it barely fits on my drink cart. Hmmm...keep your ears open!!

No comments: