Saturday, October 29, 2005

Dumb blonde moment...

No offense to the blondes out there especially since that is the color I choose to make my own hair but I'm using the title as a saying...

Ok, so Thursday I'm in my late night class called Preservation Planning and Practice. We were covering in class the idea of the cultural landscape and its preservation. The prof is showing different slides of building, landscapes, monuments, etc and we are discussing its relevance to preservation. So, she pulls up a slide of the Wailing Wall. In the slide there is a man in black and a blue chair. So we are discussing the wall and its cultural significance and I keep on staring at the man trying to figure out what he is wearing. It is really bugging me so right before she changes slides, I ask outloud

"Who is that guy? Is that a matador or just someone with a really fuzzy russian hat?"

A girl in class turns to me with look of disbelief and says..

"That is a Hasidic Jew!"

Then the class laughs and laughs....I was embarassed needless to say! I mummble something about trying to entertain the class and kind of slump down in my chair...yes not one of my finer moments!

No comments: