Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hello Again

So I guess it has been absolutely forever since I've written here on this page. It's not that I'm particularly busy but I just don't feel inspired to write about my pretty mundane life. Jeff has suggested however that I get back in the habit of writing. Mainly I think to occupy himself while at work but also so that I have a written record of the goings on in my life.

So, what has happened since I last posted:

1. I did get the job that I interviewed for in Sept./Oct. I work 21 hrs a week as a Graduate Research Assistant for a Landscape Architecture professor. I'm helping with the digitizing of her slide collection. It is tedious work but I get to drink all the free tea I want! Oh and I get to scan bar codes with a laser gun thingy....very fun.

2. I'm in my last semester of school. I working on my thesis which is about the Adaptive Use of Religious Buildings. I've slightly changed to topic due to the 3rd item (see below) which will cause me to finish my thesis in the summer. I'm not the only one and so I don't feel to worried about that.

3. Jeff has interviewed and accepted a position with Dell Ireland. This has been a 3 month process with our original departure date set for March but things did not work out as smoothly as expected so its been delayed until June. He will be doing essentially the same position as here but with more money and in Ireland with a million of places to visit just a jump away. I can't wait!

4. Jeff and I celebrated our 6 monthaversary. I bought him a beer making kit and he bought me a pearl necklace. I think someone got the better deal!

5. We got a cat last year that we named Snoop Dogg. It is evil and likes to attack innocent people.

6. We celebrated another low-key Valentine's Day by exchanging handmade cards and painting pottery. Now we both have painted clay chalices (sp?).

Ummm...drawing a blank as to other things but that's about what has been going on. I'll write more in the future....gotta write all about Ireland or I'll forget all the fun things we'll do!

Later

No comments: