Monday, November 01, 2004

Four Weddings & a Funeral

Nahh...just one wedding and hopefully no funerals. Friday night I went to my friend Rachel's wedding. It was way out in the middle of no where. It was so weird seeing my friend from high school who is my age getting married. We are the same age and there is no way that I feel old enough to get married. It was just surreal...it seemed like pretend but a very expensive sort of make believe. It was beautiful though. I have to give her props on the location, decorations, dresses, food, music, etc. For a 22 yr old arranging her first wedding with out any major help, she did an excellent job. Kudos to you Rachel if you read this and a huge congratulations!

Halloween weekend was very lokey for me. Jeff had been invited to several parties on Friday and I had been invited to one too but after the wedding we just went home b/c we were both tired and I had to be at work at 7am on Sat. (stupid work!).

Saturday I worked the Longhorn Saturday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be, especially since I had to do it all by my lonesome self. The rest of the day was just lazy. We went and had drinks with some of Jeff's friends that evening, took a nap, went to an extremely small and fairly boring apartment party, went and watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then went downtown to watch all the crazies. I think this was the first Halloween that I haven't dressed up... (Sidenote: Jeff and I think that the girl Alex brought with him downtown was hitting on me...which isn't too much of a surprise since she is bi). We stayed an extra hour downtown since it was the time change this weekend and then ended up at Metro coffee house where I haven't been in at least 4 yrs. Hey for anyone that is interested...it is now a non-smoking facility. (That had always been my big complaint about Metro and my reason for not going to drink there)

Sunday did the work thing once again. Not too bad of a day. I made Jeff and me our last fatty dinner since we both have decided to eat healthy from now on. I made NY strip steak with bernaise sauce, roasted rosemary potatoes, and asparagus. For appetizers I had prosciutto on melba toasts and fresh mozzarella and grape tomatoes. Sooooo yummmmyyyy!!!! Cooking one big time consuming meal, however, gets cooking into my blood and I decided to keep on cooking after dinner and made meringues with the leftover egg whites and then I made muffins for breakfast. My apartment smells like a bakery. I enjoyed it. For awhile I had forgotten how much I enjoyed cooking b/c it gets boring cooking just for yourself.

Anyway, here it is Monday and I'm at work trying to avoid doing any work. Its another week of drudgery and balloon blowing.

PS. Its National Novel Writing Month and Flaminia and Jeff are trying to convince me to try and write a novel since they are writing one. I might but it has to be 50,000 words...thats kinda scary to think about. What would I write a novel about...hmmmmm.....

No comments: