Thursday, November 25, 2004

Pass the turkey with a side of hate and spite!!

Dear Lord! Thanksgiving was a treat this year. We slaved over hot stoves and ovens with love and care to end up having a big family wide fight at the dinner table over plans for Christmas. Then it became a blaming game over who was more spoiled than whom or who needs to grow up...etc. I found things to do to avoid getting involved. I cleared the table, cut the desserts, etc..and my sweetie called just in time to save me from the brunt of the screams and yells. Jeff and I were in the middle of a convo when my aunt bursts outside in tears and walks down the street....oops.

A few minutes later my mom opens the door and walks down the driveway in tears as well. Supposedly at that point all hell broke loose in my house. I end the conversation and try to calm my mom and find my aunt. We decide that taking a walk around the block will calm the nerves and give people time to cool down. So me, my stepdad, my aunt, and the dogs go for a stroll to work off the turkey, stuffing, cakes, pies and glasses of wine and some of the anger. We come back in the house and things seemed to have calmed down and things went back to semi normalcy.

Now that half the family has left for the evening, the other half is sitting talking about them and what is wrong with them. I'm sitting in the dining room typing to F and listening in to them and chiming in whenever I miss a particularly juicy part. Ahhh...my family...I love them so, every disfunctional member.

No comments: