Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Clowns on bikes and scary shoe polish guys

So I took some time off of work and Jeff and I decided to go to New Orleans for a little break. The drive wasn't so bad...8hrs...long but doable. After trying 3 different hotels, we finally found the one we were supposed to stay at....it kinda sucked. They were doing construction right in front of our hotel room. We walked Bourbon St. and within 30 seconds of walking we were accosted by a clown on a bike. He seemed friendly and made balloon hats for us and only charged us a "donation" of $10. So generous don't you think? We continued on our stroll and the first bar I dragged Jeff into happened to be a gay bar. (Hey I was just going towards the loudest music!) Jeff was immediately a hit and was asked to take off his clothes for money in their calendar contest. He wasn't really feelin' it so he politely declined..we downed our drink and went along our way. (I supposedly owe him big time and will now have to drug to a strip bar like Sugar's or something.) We got hammered and spent the evening at Pat O'Brien's drinking and eating popcorn.

The rest of the time was similar to the first day...people asking for money for "services" (Everyone wanted to polish Jeff's shoes...if I had to hear, "I know where you got your shoes" one more time I was gonna deck someone!) and drinking and taking pictures. Jeff got to use his new camera a lot and there are bijillion pictures of me, New Orleans, and various other things along the trip. Oh and Jeff won at Roulette so that was pretty cool....I just sat on the side lines and looked pretty.

So overall the trip to New Orleans was a success. I only got testy on Saturday for lack of food and the only options being junk food. On the way back I got to meet Jeff's family and they are wonderful. Super nice and sweet. His sibblings are so cute and adorable. They had pretend Christmas for me Sunday afternoon and gave me a gift. I wish I had something to give them too. His mom said that she liked me to my face...so I think its a pretty good sign that they approve.

It was definitely an action packed 4 days and now I'm back at work trying to stay busy and dreaming of Christmas.

No comments: