Thursday, December 30, 2004

Happy Birthday to me!!!

I finally get my birthday present from my parents almost 4 months later! They are going to Houston to pick up my bedframe from IKEA today...I think...at least those were the plans yesterday.

On another note, this is the first New Year's Eve that I have not had concrete plans....I'm hoping that the outcome will be better than past "planned New Year's Eves" Let's take a recount of the past couple of years....

2000 - With my parents. My friend's parents were too scared to let them out on New Year's Eve 1999-2000 b/c what if the world ended. Nothing exciting...nothing memorable...oh well!

2001 - Spent it again with the 'rents. Friends came over and we had yummy gourmet food. One friend was asleep by 11pm...I have such exciting friends....oh well!

2002 - My single Uncle let me and my friends have run of his apartment and bought us a couple of bottles of booze (we weren't quite yet 21). Steph got extremely trashed, supposedly hit on best friend's boyfriend, and woke up not remembering a thing. Friend wouldn't talk to her for a month and the friendship hasn't been the same since....oh well!

2003 - Tried to break the Dallas trend and moved the partying to Austin. Co-hosted a party with Faye, drank too much of everything, walked around with my personal bottle of champagne, had minor breakdown that resulted in beating an ex-boyfriend with a jacket in the middle of the street. I was very sick the next day and barely made it back to Dallas alive....oh well!

2004 - Figured Austin was too much and decided to move the party back to Dallas again for New Years. Rented a hotel room in Downtown and partied on Greenville with my Dallas girls. We got drunk before going out (bottle of champagne each), partied on Greenville (very expensive drinks), came home and roamed the hotel for unsuspecting boys. We met some boys from Gainesville, FL, hung out in their room, met thier friend, made out with him all night, woke up next morning, realized that I had no idea what his name was, left the hotel with a hangover and a red face....not quite so bad as previous years but expensive and a bit embarrassing...oh well!

2005 - ?? Remains to be seen!!

No comments: