Friday, March 19, 2004

For the Irish in us all...

I've been told that I need to update my blog page. I guess I have been lacking in that department. I've been busy with work and I went home to Dallas over the weekend...so there really hasn't been much to talk about especially since a bunch of people are out of town for spring break. I did end up going downtown on St. Patrick's Day...here is a little account for all of you who are interested.

Wednesday: So I'm bummed because no one is in town so I've decided to just have a total chill week and ignore that it is St. Patrick's day. No one at work seemed to really care or want to do anything...they aren't a big party crowd. So imagine my excitement when I get back from the gym and I have a missed call from Miss Emily about going out with the UT Rugby team for St. Patty's day. Woohooo is all I had to say! So we head downtown, forgetting that not only is it a drinker's holiday but also SXSW. There were people all over the place...it was cra-a-zy. We meet the boys at Daiquiri Factory (yes I know, very unIrish) Then its a haze as to all the bars we went to. I believe there was the Firehouse, Library, Aquarium, the Drink, Coppertank and Fuel. There were probably more but i can't remember. We had a ton of fun and slowly began to lose our Rugby guys. Finally we ditched them because one of them was being way too territorial over Emily....but it was ok that we lost them because at the Aquarium where we ended the night, we ran into some very cute Frat boys who tried to invite us back to the house....maybe we would have gone had I not had to work at 8am Thursday morning. They left with promises to call (yeah right!) and we stayed and hung out with Robert at the Aquarium till 2:30. I ended up sequestering a cowboy hat from him and I was satisfied with the evening. Went home and went to bed thoroughly dreading the next morning.

Thursday: It was horrible. I was so hungover and it ended up being one of our busiest days all week. I didn't get to eat lunch until almost 3pm. Then I had to stay until 7pm. It totally sucked. What was worse was that I was dead set on going to the gym and actually drove all the way out there only to realize that I hadn't put my gym bag in the car that morning. Yes I felt like a moron. So I just went home and ended up sleeping. On a positive note though, I did get my plane ticket to visit Renee in Florida and I got the ok from work too! I'm so incredibly excited about it.

Today/Friday: I think that my hangover was delayed a day because this morning I felt worse than I did Thursday morning. I had the worse headache in the world and still do! I woke up to my phone ringing and this woman asking for me. She asked if I knew a guy named Greg somebody or another and I was like "yeah it sounds familiar but I don't know". She was like well people keep on calling my house asking for a Stephanie Howard and I was wondering if maybe you were at one point living with my husband or something. OMG I was so taken back and confused especially since I just woke up. She then proceeded to tell me about her life and her lying cheating husband who picks up prostitutes and comes home diseased. She even told me how she once had to clean crabs off of her "old man". I assured her that I'm not messing around with anyone and I've never had that phone number and I have no idea why people would be calling asking for me there. It was such a mess. I told her that I would try and look into it for her. I just wanted the crazy woman off the phone so that I could go back to sleep. Finally with much assurance on my part that I'm not messing around with her husband or have any knowledge of him, I'm allowed to go back to sleep. I wake up 2 hrs. later with someone calling and asking for a "Greg"...when I sleepily reply "you have the wrong number"...they hang up just as I realize its the crazy woman again. I, of course, was now up and very awake and getting really freaked out....and so my Friday continues. I hope she doesn't call again.

Martha, since you now know my address and phone number and name, if you happen to come across my blogger too, take note of this: You are a crazy delusional bitch who needs to leave a man if he's seen whores and skanks and coming home with STD's. I am not the person you want. Stephanie is a common name and Howard is a very common name too so more than likely there is another one somewhere in Austin. I just have the undesirable luck of being listed in the phone book. Please stop calling me and kick that trash of a husband to the curb. Thanks.

No comments: