Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Move over Florence Nightingale...there's a new chippie in town!!

Poor Italy! She kicked her knee out of joint. She was in so much pain yesterday that she was in tears and could barely walk.

She had left a message on my voice mail to ask if I would call her. Italy's always scoffed at physical discomfort that the distress in her voice led me to think someone had died not that she was injured. Hastily I returned her call and she informed me in a pained voice that she couldn't walk and needed to go to the urgent care at UT. Couple of hours later I got a call to come and pick her up. I got to play nurse for an hour while we got her prescription and food and I got her home. I think thats the most helpful I've ever been when a friend has been sick or hurt....I'm not very good with the whole nursing the sick since I'm rarely sick and hurt. I have a hard time being sympathetic and want to tell people "Buck up! The pain won't last!" Its a downfall..yes I know... Anyway here is a shout out to Italy and her bravery for her injured knee and I it feels better soon (I'm sure the vicodin will help with a lot of that!).

Side note: Its kinda scary how easily one can obtain someone else's prescription. I went in there and asked for it and they asked for my id which I explained I had left in the car with the injured person. She looked at me and said please sign the little slip and I paid and walked away with a full prescription of vicodin. I'm a bit concerned but it definitely made things easier last night.

No comments: