Sunday, April 11, 2004

My mental filter doesn't exist.

My parents woke me up early this morning for church and I was not happy to say the least. I got ready and it took forever considering I don't have an actual room for myself and so I split my time between getting ready in the computer/guest room and my sister's room. I had to take a cold shower and it just wasn't a pleasant morning for me. So I'm running late for the 9:30 church service that I do not want to go to and my mom is complaining b/c she doesn't understand why I can't be ready on time since I know when church starts. That was the last straw to my crappy morning and so I blew up and let her have it. Here's a little dialogue so that you can see how it went.

Mom: Why is it taking you so long? Everyone is in the car waiting!
Me: I'm trying I said I would be there in a minute! (damn this sucks...I hate my outfit, makeup, shoes, etc!)
Mom: Why aren't you ready yet? you know what time church starts!
Me: There are no (don't say fucking..say freakin'..this is your mom you are talking to! don't say fuckin'!don't say fuckin") FUCKIN' clocks visible so that I can tell time in this stupid house!

At this point I have not only shocked my mom but also myself from using the word F***. I've never said that in my parents presence before and now I've just yelled it at her. I think my mouth actually dropped open when I said it ...afterwards I mumbled and apology for yelling it saying that I meant something else and it came out all wrong. I was so upset about being rushed, blamed for the whole family being late and yelling expletives at my mom that I was miserable and silent the rest of the morning. I think I'm going to ignor that it ever happened.

No comments: