Sunday, April 04, 2004

The Weekend Update

The festivities began on Thurday with margaritas at El Arroyo. It was muy bien. We noticed an increasing trend..it seemed that everyone had blond hair and short frilly skirts. I couldn't get away and so many people where those damn skirts and they shouldn't. We left had dinner at my place and then my sister came into town with a couple of friends. Kate, Flaminia, Renee, Amy and I were all fairly well toasted by that point and were extremely giddy when they showed up. My sis and her friends left shortly after that to do the whole round-up party thing (yes I know my pure and innocent sister was drinkin' it up with frat boys!) There was discussion of going out but in the end we were all tired.

On Friday we went to our fourth and probably final Bob Pease event. It was wonderful! I love seeing people dressed in their white and khaki. We drank our screw drivers and ate our crawfish till we were blissfully happy, commenting on pass drunken experiences at Bob Pease. Its the best party of the year...when else do you have a perfectly good excuse to start drinking and listening to jazz at 3 in the afternoon? The drinking continued at my place and then continued on downtown...Friday was marathon day!!!

Downtown was good but so crowded. I ran into Kellen (summer guy) and then I ran into really annoying boy from last weekend (I'm so glad nothing further than kissing went on...he was wearing the gayest of hats). I ran into my favorite old neighbors at the Aquarium and we made it a point to hang out sometime. I miss them so much..I hate the complex now! We left kinda early and tried to wind our way through a sea of Texas Roundup people...were who should meet up with us again but Kellen who graciously offered to hang out with me and the gimp Flaminia until Kate arrived with the car....I don't know what to think about him right now (more on this later).

On arriving at home I enter my apt. to find my sister her friend Ashley and 4 strange guys sitting around drinking. I was taken back but thankfully for their sake drunk enough to be totally ok with the whole thing. The boys were sweet and young...I think they said 17! The whole situation made me laugh all night long...especially when one of them tried to put the moves on me (I felt bad for him so I let him keep his arm around my shoulder while sitting on the couch). It was cute but definitely in the style of Mrs. Robinson. I get them to finally leave and as my sister and I are heading to bed, there is a knock on the door...it was them and hahaha!!! Their car had been towed!!!!!!!! It was great! another weekend driving people to get their car out of jail. The total is 4 now. I really need to start getting commission from J&J.

Saturday was so gorgeous that i just wanted to bask in the sunshine all day. We went to Freebirds (it was very very yummy!) and then after getting a little toasty out in the sun we went to Coppertank for a football party and after having 5 songs dedicated to our group from the lead singer we felt like it was time to jet. We then picked up the Gimp and went and had crawfish at this guys place out in the hills by the lake. It was...interesting. Very nice people but it was just an awkward small group. Left and then Renee and I went to the Orange and White game. It was cool and we got to chat. Left and went and ate, picked up Kate and watch Matchstick men (it was ok but I was so tired that I kept on falling asleep while watching it). Then the time changed and I lost an hour of sleep (damn that daylight savings!). Now I'm at work.

On a sad note, my grandma is the hospital this weekend having surgery on her gallbladder. She has to get it removed. I feel so horrible for not being able to visit her in the hospital but I couldn't get out of work. It is so weird b/c my grandma is never ever sick!

No comments: