Thursday, May 20, 2004

A Curse on My Head...

So when I went home this past weekend I spent some time with my grandparents being the good grandchild that I am. We were siting in the backyard sipping our drinks when my future and what I'm planning to do came up in the conversation. I was discussing my plans to go to grad school probably out of state next fall and other stuff. I have this thing all planned out and serious relationships/marriage is definitely not in the books for a long time. My grandfather who this entire time has been feeding the squirrels nuts chimes in his opinion.

Grandpa: Well Stephanie, you might not want to leave Texas. A lot could happen in a year....you could get married! (spoken in a heavily french accented english)

Me: What?!? Married! I don't think so...not for a long while

Grandpa: You never know! (a little smirk on his face)

This got everyone to chime in on it and sit there and exclaim how in a year and a half I could meet, fall in love and marry someone!
It felt like a very dark omen! I would like to inform everyone FAT CHANCE!!!!

No comments: