Thursday, May 20, 2004

Slightly Disturbing....

Omg I've been working like crazy lately. I get home and I can't even keep my eyes open. I've had to decline so many invites out this week due to sheer exhaustion. I'm gonna start losing all my friends if I'm not careful but tomorrow I'm gonna party hard even though on Saturday I have to get up and go to work at 10am....C'est la vie! I won't complain when I get a fat check in the bank later on I guess.

Anyway...So I'm at work and I'm giving a tour of the building to a couple of 18 yr old boys. One is kinda geeky while the other one was pretty cute (waaaaayyy to young of course!). I take them on the tour and the cute one keeps on staring at me very intensely. Its a little unnerving but I've had to deal with worse! We're standing outside the door and I'm describing to them the different events that go on in the building for the residents. I'm trying to do the good salesperson thing and divide my attention equally between the two of them. I'm looking at the cute one and his hand which is by his face catches my eye. As I'm talking he slowly moves his hand from his face and runs it even more slowly and I guess one could say seductively down the front of his chest. I follow the hand just as your eyes would follow someones hands while they are talking. I've seen guys who sit there and rub their chest while talking to people...I guess a male thing to say "oh look at me and see how strong and broad I am!" I didn't think anything of it until it continued down further to the stomach and then further where it stopped in the groin region. I was mortified. I quickly turned away because I didn't know if I just made something more out of it or if he was being suggestive. Somehow I managed to continue talking as if nothing ever happened eventhough I was probably beet red! I felt like from that point on that he was always too close to me and I tried to make special efforts of keeping a wide berth of him.

I don't know why I reacted so strongly to gesture. I usally don't even notice things like that or even read into them. I finally understood how some women feel when they've been harassed. I mean I've had cat calls and whistles but this was a place of business and I don't know but I felt a little violated at the time. I was fine and comfortable with the guys again by the end of the tour, joking and laughing with them. I didn't even have a problem giving them a sales pitch at the very end. It was just that brief instant. Well anyway since I'm too tired to do anything else...I've pretty much only have work stories to discuss.

No comments: