Friday, February 20, 2004

Girl Talk/Goodbye Dear Friend

Another day at work...it is so slow today! Last night I went out with some girlfriends to D&B's. Can't beat 1/2 priced cocktails and shooters..too bad I had to work this morning and so I couldn't really take advantage. Oh well, we had some fun talk. I mean girltalk is wonderful...our conversation ranged from takin' it in the bum, to brazilian bikini wax, manicures, measuring body fat, to threadcount on our favorite sheets. Never a dull moment. It also was a sad occasion since another college buddy is now departing our lovely city of Austin. Goodbye Kim! We will all miss you so much! They're leaving in droves...this might force me to start making new friends..gasp!

Anyway this weekend is Mardi Gras so there is guaranteed to be some fun for us all...unfortunately I have to work on Saturday but I don't have to work on Sunday!! Today has been such a good day so far. It wasn't too crazy at work and I got a compliment from my boss...someone told him that they had seen me give tours and thought I was just the nicest person (little do they know!). I had lunch at Roly Poly with Kim. It was pretty damn good! I feel like now that I've admitted to it being a good day that it can't go anywhere but downhill from now. The moment I thought...damn it's been a pretty wonderful day I got a premonition that things were going to go the exact opposite. I hope I'm wrong. Its the same idea of don't put all your eggs in one basket I guess. Of course today is much better in comparison to yesterday...I mean yesterday I had my fat measured...could it get any worse? I hope this weekend goes well. I mean Faye is coming into town so things should be happening and hopefully all will go well!

No comments: