Tuesday, February 24, 2004

A Morning Visit to Hell

I had the worst morning in the world today! I wake up late of course so I'm rushing to get ready for work and as I'm gathering my stuff to leave (water bottle, breakfast, phone, keys) I go to grab my purse and see that it is missing from its usual place on my dining table. Oh ok...its over where I dropped all my Target bags last night...nooo...hmm where could it be? Oh it should be in the beige chair where I always dump bags and coats...huh! Not there either. No reason to panic...I'm just running a little late and so I'm skipping all the obvious places my purse would be....fifteen minutes later and a wrecked apartment and there is no Louis Vitton purse with my wallet which contains my credit cards, gift cards, ids, social security card, cash, etc. Yes NOW is the time to freak! Now I have a sinking suspicion that my purse is not only MIA but stolen out of my own home. I call work and tell them that I'm late cause I can't find my purse (I'm sure they loved that excuse!) and then I call my mom and totally break down. She calms me down I decide to call my bank and see if any charges have been made since last night ...only Target so far...hmm this makes me think that maybe it wasn't stolen. I decide to call an impartial third-party to take a look around and see if they see it. I call Amy over and great person that she is comes over and takes a look in my apartment for me....she can't find it either! She then looks around the apartment in case some one did take it and they just dropped all the non cash stuff on their exit...alas no luck! I call Target and leave my name and number just in case I left it there although I'm 99.9% sure I didn't. I'm totally screwed at this point and I'm over an hour late for work. Its a beautiful morning....NOT!!!!!!!

Let me give you a little background as to why I think my purse might have been stolen from my apartment. Last night as I was entering my abode, I had my hands full and so I just dropped everything on the floor next to my chair and shut the door...I was so starving that I ran to the kitchen to get food and then forgot that I didn't lock my door (which I am normally very good at doing when I'm by myself!). I then got busy with other things and continued to forget about the unlocked door. Meanwhile, I'm getting tired and know that I need to start getting ready for bed so I go and take my shower. I get out and mess around with these new chair slipcovers I bought and then I go and lay on my bed and read for a couple of minutes and then I pass out with all the lights in the apartment blazing. I wake up at around 2:30am and realize that everything is still on and so I go and turn off all the lights and I think it is then that I realize my door was still unlocked. I deadbolt it and then I go to sleep not thinking that anything was a miss. So there was a 3 hr window when someone could have slipped in my apartment thinking no one was home realized the mistake and take the purse on their way out. I'm hoping I was a total moron and it's been in my apartment or car this entire time...but I don't think that is the case. I had to call and cancel everything! I have nothing!!!!

Hopefully my bad morning won't continue into a bad day!

No comments: